neděle 14. června 2009

fluxusná praha : an introduction

Fluxusná Praha is a project that came to my mind first a couple of months ago while I was travelling through the yellow B metro line of Prague city.
Since I'm living here in Prague ( it's now two years ), I always felt this sort of attraction for the behaviour of the movement in this city. I imagine these kind of travel experiences as flows that spread both from people ( with their relationships ) and from the structure of transportation itself, what I'm researching now here is the narration of the forms and the colours that these flows draw, creating a connective pattern which in my opinion is the city and its life.
Last week I started filming.
On thursday morning (11th of June)I've been filming with the help of my friend and multimedia technic Emilio Bellu, the interiors of the metro stations Nádraží Holešovice, Vltavska and Můstek. Then I made a quick jump walking through Strossmayerovo Náměstí, which is a big tram cross in Prague 7. From there I took the tram 26 till Náměstí Republiky, situated in the center of Prague but it started to rain and it quickly turned into a storm, so I decided to shot the Lucerna Passage, another way to move through the city is obviously by foot and the passages explain well this concept.
The next day, friday, I went to make an interview to the artist, videomaker and graphic designer Rory Wilmer in the neighbourhood of Vyšehrad, he also showed us some particular places there, like the old Train Station and the massive iron train bridge.
For the audiovisual capture we are working in two. I take care of the video filming and I'm managing the art direction of the project. With me works a wonderful "sound grrl" Anastasia Chrysanthakopoulou, she comes from Athens in Greece and she takes care of the sound capture and she's helping me sample the sound from the city that will be modified into the sounds for the featured soundtrack.
Probably the composition will be made for some tracks by Anastasia and others by Honza from Cirkus Alien.
Last sunday, the 7th of June we've been recording sounds from Letenské náměstí, various older trams, from inside the metro (yellow and red line ), the tram stop in Národní třída, the street Národní and we ended up in Újezd where we last recorded the sound of the funicular.

This is a kind of diary for this short documentary.
I hope I'll have always the time to update our actions ;)

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat